When it pours, Branson Reigns for Family Fun
It's always beautiful in the Ozarks, even when it rains. But it's important to note that with very few exceptions, Branson's attractions and shows are open regardless of weather, and there's lot of fun things for you to do both indoors and out!
Here's a list of some rainy-day activities to get your family out of your hotel room, enjoying some Ozarks hospitality and having a great time in Branson!
- See a Show: Branson has more than 100 shows, and they're almost all indoors! From rock to country to bluegrass, we've got all kinds of live music... and add in Bible stories, comedy and magic, and there's something every member of your family will enjoy at a live Branson show.
- Museums: From a storied ocean liner to Jurassic creatures to wax celebrities, Branson's many museums are a perfect way to stay dry AND have a great time with the whole family.
- Indoor Waterparks: It may be rainy outside, but visit Welk, Grand Country or Castle Rock resorts to get REALLY wet at the area's indoor waterslides, pools and more.
- Shop, shop, shop: Clothes, shoes, kitchen appliances, quilts, jewelry, decor, electronics and more... Branson's hundreds of boutique shops and outlet stores have it all!
- Silver Dollar City: A rainy day is a GREAT time to grab a bumbershoot (aka "umbrella") and catch a Silver Dollar City show, have a hot funnel cake and visit the many artisan and craft shops at Silver Dollar City.
- Caves: An inclement-weather day is a perfect time to go "subterranean" and see the timeless beauty that lies in the caverns underneath these Ozarks hills.
- Spa Day: Massage, manicure, acupuncture, hairdo! Sounds great, doesn't it! Visit a Branson-area spa or salon to pamper yourself!
- Go Extreme: Even when it's raining, it's actually a great time to go mountain biking, go mudding on an ATV or zip through the canopy on a zipline. It's a completely different way to experience the beauty of the Ozarks, and get a little wet in the process!
- "Around the World" Dining Tour: Branson has a wide variety of restaurant options. You can start the day with a traditional American breakfast, meet at a tea room or have Thai for lunch and Cajun for dinner... or a well-aged filet, or Kansas City-style barbeque... or Japanese hibachi...
- Big-Screen Adventures: Have an immersive adventure on Branson IMAX's HUGE screen, or watch a first-run movie on one of the more than a dozen theater screens in town.
- Fishing Paradise: The change in water flow, the added oxygen suspended in the water and other factors make rainy days a perfect time to cast a lure at one of the area's three pristine lakes. Before setting out, check with a local guide for the best spots to fish in these conditions, and be conscious of fast-changing water levels.