8 Best Places to Watch the Sunset in Branson
In Branson, we get serious about sunset watching. The Ozarks that surround Branson create a picturesque scene that will make you fall in love with the area.
We’ve discovered 8 of the best spots to spend your golden hour and we’d like to share the secrets with you. Here, all of your dusk needs will be met.
1. Table Rock Lake
Table Rock is filled with a plethora of places to see the sun sink below the hills. Here’s a couple of our favorites with easy access.
- Moonshine Peninsula area: Look no further for the perfect date spot. Follow the trail down to the rocky edge of the water where gentle waves from the cove will soothe you as the western horizon is set aglow in front of you. A blanket and some champagne will suit this moment perfectly.
- Dewey Short Visitor Center: Bring your hammock for this one! This is perhaps the most magical spot to see a warming afterglow. Take a short walk down the paved pathway and pick a spot off to the right near the water. Don’t leave after viewing the last of the rays – the glow on the water is worth staying further into early nightfall.
2. Big Cedar Loop
We aren’t allowed to pick favorites, but if we could…..
- If you’re looking for a view that will take your breath away, the Big Cedar Loop has a good chance. You’ll see the sun at its lowest, sinking beneath the intermixed green terrain and winding coves of Table Rock Lake. The sky is so open and vast atop this hill that you will have observing options in every direction. Bring your camera for this one.
- This location is not directly on the map, so follow these directions: from Devil’s Pool Restaurant, drive west across the wooden Amish bridge and continue on this windy road up the mountain.
3. Branson Scenic Overlook/Vintage Paris Lookout
- At this iconic stop off highway 165, you’ll see colorful western skies above sweeping views of Lake Taneycomo, Table Rock Dam, and Point Royale. Just across the street is Branson’s beloved Vintage Paris coffee shop. This is an especially wonderful sight during the evening when the city lights up. You can see so much of what makes Branson a great place to visit.
4. Top Deck of the Showboat Branson Belle
Take the evening cruise in the summertime for stunning sunset views during a smooth sail atop the pristine Table Rock Lake waters. The Showboat offers a three-course meal, live entertainment, and a spacious deck for scenery. During intermission, sneak to the top, sink down into one of the comfy deck chairs and take it in before the last half of the show.
5. Top of the Rock
- If views could win awards, Top of the Rock would have all the trophies. Have you ever experienced a sunset ceremony? Ten minutes before sunset, you can catch a bagpipe performance followed by the firing of an authentic Civil War cannon. Enjoy a fine dining experience before or after your viewing pleasures on the deck and make sure to take a stroll down by the chapel. There are many other options when it comes to soaking in the Ozark views at Top of the Rock, such as driving a golf cart, golfing, hiking, or having a drink on the patio.
6. Shepherd of the Hills Inspiration Tower
- People come to the Inspiration Tower for the opportunity it provides to see the Branson area up to 90 miles away. The tower rises 230 feet above the ground and after a peaceful ride up the glass elevator, you will be in awe of the panoramic view. This perspective will leave you with a newfound appreciation for this area. For a golden hour thrill, take advantage of the zipline adventure from the tower.
7. Branson Ferris Wheel
- A sunset from the Ferris Wheel at the Track Family Fun Parks just might be a highlight of your Branson trip. This one-of-a kind experience takes place in the heart of the Entertainment District. To get the maximum thrill, catch the afterglow on the 100ft tall Skycoaster afterward.
8. Take a Sunset Drive on the Highroad
- The Ozark Mountain Highroad, otherwise known as Highway 465, provides a glimmering snapshot of Ozark beauty. If you’re looking for a carefree drive to enjoy the evening skies over stunning landscapes, this is your road. End the drive at Silver Dollar City or circle back to the Entertainment District by the Butterfly Palace.
Looking for more outdoor inspiration? Check out best places to stargaze in Branson