Fall Family Activities in Branson
Fall is the perfect time of year to bring the whole family to Branson. From unique festivals and attractions to gorgeous fall foliage and outdoor adventures, there are plenty of activities to entertain everyone in your crew all season long.
Cool temperatures and a beautiful backdrop of color make the best setting for your family to create memories this fall in Branson. Check out these fall family activities during your stay!
Branson is well-known for its wide variety of festivals celebrating crafts, food, hobbies, holidays and more. Fall brings a host of festivals to celebrate in Branson. Family favorites include:
- Downtown Branson's Autumn Daze Arts, Crafts, & Music Festival – Looking for a FREE, family-friendly event where you can celebrate autumn's arrival in the Ozarks? Head to Historic Downtown Branson for the 50th Annual Autumn Daze Arts, Crafts, & Music Festival on September 14th - 17th! Beginning at 9 a.m. each festival day, you'll be able to explore Historic Downtown Branson while seeing hands-on demonstrations from artisans across the country!
- Fall Roundup at Sycamore Creek Family Ranch – On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays beginning the last weekend of September through October at Sycamore Creek Family Ranch, visitors can enjoy a full day of classic fall family fun. Think hayrides, a corn maze, old-fashioned family games, a hay bale fort and corn bin, a giant super slide, and plenty of open space for kids to run and play!
- Harvest Festival at Silver Dollar City - You won't want to miss Silver Dollar City's fall festival which features Craft Days and Pumpkin Nights. See artisans from across the country in action along with a glowing display of thousands of pumpkins, and enjoy extended ride times into the night!
- Shepherd's PumpkinFest - Visit Shepherd of the Hills farm for a unique pumpkin patch experience during Fall weekends with Shepherd’s PumpkinFest. If you’re looking for a fun daytime location to take your family this fall to pick out pumpkins, build a scarecrow or take a jeep hayride, you’ve found the place!
The best way to experience fall in the Ozarks is to explore outdoors. Branson offers several ways for families to spend quality time together while enjoying the surrounding fall foliage.
Bring your own bikes or rent a set of wheels (including kiddie carts) for a great ride at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park. The 6.5-mile paved walking and biking path ambles through some of the most beautiful Ozark Mountain scenery you can find. Pedal by babbling streams and beautiful waterfalls across the state line into Arkansas and back. In addition to biking, your family can enjoy other adventures including fishing, horseback riding, and a variety of guided tours. Make a day of it by dining at the on-site Canyon Grill Restaurant and taking in a few of the many educational experiences that are included with park admission.
Combine extreme adventure with viewing spectacular fall color by ziplining through the Ozark Mountains! Try a zipline canopy tour at Shepherd of the Hills or soar across gorgeous scenery along numerous ziplines at Wolfe Mountain. For a lake flyover, head to Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline at the Branson Landing.
A car ride is also excellent for seeing incredible fall views, especially when you take one of our foliage driving tours! You'll quickly spot why Branson's foliage is a favorite among leaf peepers. If you want to work in a little more exercise, take a scenic family walk walking tour around Downtown Branson.
Many of Branson's attractions offer excitement year-round, but these are especially fun to explore during fall:
- Branson Scenic Railway - Step back in time as you board this unique train at the historic 1905 depot in Downtown Branson. You'll take a 40-mile excursion through the Ozarks while learning about the area's history. Get ready to see some gorgeous fall scenery with this ride!
- Talking Rocks Cavern - Go on a cave tour inside this famous Missouri cave located just west of Branson. Discovered accidentally in the late 1800's, this cave still has its original beauty complete with modern lighting and sound enhancements, leaving guests an unforgettable tour experience. Talking Rocks Cavern stays open all year and even has an observation deck, a mini-golf course and hiking trails.
- McKenna Family Farm – Visit this family farm to pick out your perfect pumpkin and fall produce at the pumpkin patch. Enter the activities area to have fun with a bounce pillow, hay and corn mazes, hay rides, gerbil wheels, slides, swings and more!
- Mini-golf courses - With cooler temperatures arriving in the fall, Branson's mini-golf courses are perfect for catching the breeze with the family. Courses feature special themes, such as Hollywood, the Wild West, tropical destinations and several more.
There's so much to do with the whole family this fall in Branson! Find even more ways to enjoy the season during your Branson trip here.