Fall Foliage Walking/Jogging Tour - Downtown Branson, Branson Landing
As the leaves change colors and air turns brisk, vibrant fall foliage appears in Branson. Walking and jogging outdoors are perfect ways for leaf peepers to experience autumn in the region.
Exploring Historic Downtown Branson and the Branson Landing area can be a fun option for staying active and enjoying the colors of the season during your visit. Check out the step-by-step guide below for a scenic walk or jog in Downtown Branson:
- Estimated distance: 1.5 miles
- Time: 50 minutes walking, 25 minutes jogging
- Topography: Paved walking paths/sidewalks. Wheelchair accessible. Level to moderate incline.
- Highlights: Lakeside walking path, Branson Landing Fountain Show, Historic Downtown Branson District, Branson Scenic Railway Train Depot
- Suggested side tours: Branson Scenic Railway, North Beach Park
- Park in the north Branson Landing parking lot (same side as Belk Department Store). Walk toward Lake Taneycomo to find the concrete boardwalk path. Turn right toward the Branson Landing.
- Continue on the boardwalk about ¼ mile along the lake until you come to the fountains at the Landing's Town Square (this is a great spot to rest and watch the hourly fountain show). Turn right (west) and climb the steps into Town Square (or use wheelchair ramps). When you reach the shopping level, continue straight (west) through the Landing to the intersection of Main Street and Branson Landing Boulevard.
- At the crosswalk, cross Branson Landing Boulevard, pass the Branson Scenic Railway Train Depot, cross the tracks and continue west along Main Street. Cross Sycamore Street, and begin climbing the hill into Historic Downtown Branson. Note the foliage on both sides of Main Street. Cross Commercial Street, and continue west on Main Street. At the intersection of Main Street and Veterans Boulevard/Business 65, turn right (north) without crossing Veterans Boulevard, and continue north for one block.
- Turn right (east) onto Atlantic Street. Continue one block. Turn left (north) onto Commercial Street. Continue for two blocks, passing the Historic Branson City Cemetery and crossing the train tracks again. At the intersection of Commercial Street and Branson Landing Boulevard, cross the street at the marked crosswalk. Continue through the parking lot, noting the colorful trees throughout the area as you return to your vehicle.
Want to see more fall color? To add distance, continue through parking lot back to the boardwalk. Turn left along the North Beach Park walking path, where you'll come across plenty of mature trees and lakeside foliage.
To see more fall foliage, check out these driving tours in Branson and the surrounding Ozarks region:
- Driving Tour #1 - Table Rock Lake, Kimberling City
- Driving Tour #2 - Downtown Branson, Forsyth, Rockaway Beach
- Driving Tour #3 - Bull Shoals Lake, Peel Ferry, Mark Twain National Forest
Share your pics of colorful leaves in the area on social media with #ExploreBranson!